While I was converting the site over to the new format, I noticed a few things:
- We can’t agree on how to spell some bar names. Pauper’s/Paupers and Ein-Stein/Einstein’s are just two of them.
- Similarly, we couldn’t agree how to link to these bars. Back in 2001, a lot of these places didn’t have dedicated websites and we linked to sites like toronto.com, which appears to have done at least one reorganization that broke old URLs.
- I really can’t talk, because I decided not to preserve the old URL structure.
- At some point, we started linking to Ben’s wiki as a central place to gather information for different bars and pub crawl rules and that sort of thing. Great idea, but that wiki is long gone. If I get energetic enough, I’ll add pages locally for different bars and event types.
- We’ve had over a hundred events! That’s more than I would have guessed, especially considering that we’re basically down to three a year now.